Yogasana – Naukasana: Benefits, How to perform and precautions to be taken.
The Naukasana requires for one to be stable (as a boat) which means, straight back, chin looking forward, while knees and arms are locked. This is not an easy posture. Naukasana helps to strengthen the lungs, liver and pancreas. It also helps to increase the circulation of blood and maintain the sugar level. It strengthens the muscles of thigh, hips, necks and shoulder and helps in reducing belly fats. It also improves the function of kidney, thyroids and prostate glands.
How to Perform:
step 1:Lie down on your back.
step 2:(Inhale)lift both your legs as high as possible, and stay in this position(normal breathing).
step 3:Lift both your hands, trying to reach your feet.(Inhaling)
step 4:Try to lift your body to look like 45 degree.(normal breathing)
step 5:Stay in this position for about 5 breaths.
step 6:Come back to lying position slowly, first lower upper body, then legs(exhaling).
step 7:Repeat again.
There are many precautions when performing this asana, they are:
* People suffering from hernia should practice only after consulting a Yoga expert.
* Don’t practice this yoga with spinal problems.
* Avoid if you are experiencing high blood pressure, severe headache and migraine.
* Avoid it while having asthma.
* If somebody has heart problems, it is better to skip the Yoga pose.
* Don’t practice it during pregnancy and MC period.
* Patients suffering from hip joint pain and arthritis shouldn’t practice it.
* Those with Diarrhea, Insomnia, Neck injury must avoid this