Inflammation – Ayurvedic Tips
Definition: inflammation or swelling is known as shotha in sacred Ayurveda. Excessive water retention in the body parts is also known as shotha.
Symptoms: reduces face glow, by sedetory life style and irregular food habits and lack of exercise leads to the development of toxins inside the body. Decreases the digestive fire and reduces the metabolism, hence increases the body weight by inducing the water retention.
Ways to prevent the water retention
1) Shuddha(pure) shilajathu have to be mixed with the decoction prepared with five grams of the triphala choorna in 150 ml of water and consume at bed time. This will reduce the body weight.
2) Consuming the milk prepared by mixing the black sesame paste cures the obesity.
3) Jiggery, hippali(pipper longum), shunti(ginger) need to be mixed in equal quantity to reduce weight.
4) By consuming the milk after the intake of jiggery and ginger water retention as well as weight will reduce.
5) Milk rice need to be consumed after the half an hour of consuming the jiggery and ginger swarasa. This helps to reduce the body weight by increasing the digestive fire.
6) If constipation is also associated with weight, then mix eranda oil along with milk at bed time. It works as laxative and clears the toxins from the body.