Ayurveda – Gandha Prasarini herb and its medical importance
The word Prasarini or spreading was used to describe the properties of this herb. This herb is known to spread easily in the body and work to relax the body nerves. This attribute of the herb makes it a perfect remedy for relieving the problem of rheumatism, contraction in the joints or stiffness.
– Improves strength and immunity
– Useful in wound and bone healing
– Useful in Vata disorders.
– Almost all the massage oils used for Vata balancing contain this herb as an essential ingredient. On external use, this herb relieves pain, inflammation and stiffness.
– It is useful in gout and Kapha imbalance disorders.
– It is also used in treating rheumatoid arthritis.
– It relieves bloating and abdominal pain.
– It is usually administered after treatment of fever, to improve strength and immunity.
– The leaves are used in relieving rheumatic pain.
– This is a useful remedy for relieving the problems of infertility and paralytic patients.
– A decoction prepared from the extract of Gandha Prasarini is used to relieve problems of chronic abdominal pain, arthritis, over eating and abscesses. Around one to 2 teaspoons of this mixture must be taken twice a day for this purpose.
– The root of the Gandha Prasarini is benefiting for relieving the problems of colic, contracting rheumatic pain and gout. It has the properties of a carminative.
– The Gandha Prasarini is used to stimulate the central nervous system.
– The leaves of the plant are an anti-inflammatory and hence are helpful in relieving any kind of inflammation in the body.
– The entire plant of Gandha Prasarini is useful in relieving chronic dysentery and diarrhea.
– The fruits of the plant are used to relieve tooth pain and for whitening blackened teeth.
– Decoction of the Gandha Prasarini is applied on the forehead with water for bringing down the temperature in fever.
1) The powdered Gandha Prasarini leaves are applied on the abdomen for relieving flatulence.
2) The leaves of the herb are boiled and mashed. This poultice is then applied on the abdomen for relieving the problem of urinary retention.