Ayurveda – Ajagandha parna herb and its medical importance
Karpooravalli is a herb common in India. It is commonly found in many home gardens of India. This herb is also found in USA, Carribians and Australia. This is a semi spreading herb, it grows to a height of 0.5 meter. The leaves are thick, fleshy, oval to round with small teethed margin. The leaves and stem have characteristic aroma. The flowers are small and pale purple, arranged in panicle. The leaves are tender and soft with an astringent taste from the juice when it is chewed raw. Karpooravalli can be cooked and eaten raw.
In treatment of coughs, sore throats and nasal congestion infections, rheumatism and flatulence. one of the most impressive health benefits of Indian Borage (also known as Mexican Mint) include its ability to improve the health of your skin, detoxify the body, defend against colds, ease the pain of arthritis, relieve stress and anxiety, treat certain kinds of cancer, and optimize digestion.
– Helps to alleviate cold and cough.
– Used to reduce nasal congestion and sore throats in adults.
– Karpooravalli concoction is used to treat asthma and bronchitis.
– Helps in digestion if stomach is upset.
– Used in cooking and flavoring of dishes.
– Karpooravalli is also planted to keeps mosquitoes away in Tropical countries.
1) karpooravalli is used as a natural and instant First aid support . Applying the extract of karpooravalli leaves on the area relieves itching, infection, insect bites and wounds .
2) Leaves of karpooravalli is squeezed and the juice is taken. A teaspoonful of karpooravalli juice when given to babies would cure their cough, cold, fever, sore throat, nasal congestion and chest congestion.